My work has special meaning. This is not just “a job.” These are the sentiments of the team at Phaneuf Funeral Homes and Crematorium, a company designated a Great Place to Work three years in a row.
To get the Great Places to Work designation, all employees take a survey about the work environment and management. In fact, 84% of employees at Phaneuf say “this is a great place to work” compared to 57% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. “Our customers would rate the service we deliver as excellent,” the team overwhelmingly stated as part of the survey.
Other statistics include:
- 95% of people are given a lot of responsibility.
- 93%: I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
- 93%: I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
- 91%: I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position.
- 44% of employees have been part of the company for more than 11 years.
Feedback from the team at Phaneuf has grown in a positive direction since the first year taking the survey, in 2021, including:
- I can be myself around here.
- When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
- I believe management would only lay people off as a last resort.
- I feel I make a difference here.
- Taking everything into account, I consider this a great place to work.
- Management keeps me informed about important decisions.
- Management’s actions match its words.
- I want to work here for a long time.
- People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
- Management trusts people to do a good job without looking over their shoulders.
- Management delivers on its promises.
- Everyone has an opportunity to get special recognition.
In 2023, Phaneuf Funeral Homes and Crematorium also won a Pursuit of Excellence Award from the National Funeral Directors Association and received a Business of the Year 2023 Award from Business NH Magazine.