With more and more of our lives taking place online and in “the cloud,” many people have begun to wonder: what happens to all those digital assets when you die? While these technology developments help us be more efficient and help us stay connected, few people know how to prepare for our inevitable human end. From securing things like social media and email accounts, to identifying legacy contacts, this presentation will cover:
- Planning ahead for digital account management before you or a loved one passes
- Account access options available to friends or family members of the deceased
- Account inactivation options available upon death
- Limitations and challenges when permissions aren’t pre-set
- Suggestions for simplifying the management of your digital assets
This presentation will cover what you should know about managing your digital assets – as well as those of your loved ones’ – in life and after death. It will be presented by Stephanie McLaughlin, principal of Savoir Faire Marketing/Communications in Manchester.
Buddy Phaneuf, CFSP, Funeral Director, will also discuss the benefits of planning ahead for your funeral or cremation. Pre-planning is a blessing for your family, giving them peace of mind that your final wishes are known, and allowing them to focus on honoring your life instead of guessing what you wanted.